Uptime Robot Gets An API!
After many requests from the users who would like to integrate Uptime Robot with their apps or create other interfaces for it (like a desktop or mobile), the Uptime Robot API is launched today which makes such integrations possible and so easy.
This is the v1 of the API which covers most of the important stuff including:
- getting the list of monitors, their details (uptime ratio, URL, friendly name, type, etc.)
- getting the notification logs for each monitor
- getting the alert contacts notified after each notification
- adding new monitors
- editing monitors
- deleting monitors.
It is a REST API that can return:
In order to use it, simply get your apiKey from the My Settings page and head to the API documentation.
What's next with the API?
In the next version, we'll be adding:
- "monitor-specific apiKeys" so you can securely use the apiKey in a client's website without revealing your main apiKey
- methods for managing alert contacts (adding/editing/deleting them)
Please share your thoughts about the API and/or any other methods that you think should exist in the next version.
Wanna check the previous (← Twitter DM Notifications Are Fixed (Were They Down?)) and next (→ New Feature: Push Notifications For iPhone, iPad And iPod (…And Mac Desktop)) posts?