Getting notifications of downtime/uptime via Slack or HipChat is widely used.
Yet, until now, it was only possible to “target” rooms and not users.
There is now a “custom text” feature in the “Add/Edit Alert Contact” dialogs for HipChat and Slack where the text mentioned there will be sent with each notification.
As an example, we can now use custom text like:
- @everyone for Slack to notify everyone
- @SlackUserID for Slack to notify a specific user
- @here in HipChat to notify all users in the room
- @all in HipChat to notify everyone in the room
- @HipChatUsername to notify a specific user
Hope this helps for a better experience :).