Are you one of those trying to desperately get your hands on a new RTX 3080, 3070, 3060 Ti, & 3090 in 2021? Or maybe you prefer the new PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X console. Basically, any item that’s on pre-sale or hard to get (including the uniquely designed piece of clothing for your girlfriend).
If your favorite online store doesn’t have a “watchdog”, we have the best solution for you. Now how would you know it’s already back in stock? There’s an easy way!
Set up back-in-stock alerts using UptimeRobot!
UptimeRobot.com is a globally known service used for monitoring websites, servers, and other services. One of the monitor types, keyword monitoring, is the one you could use as an inventory checker. You can set it up for free and it will monitor websites like Amazon and notify you when the item you’re looking for is back in stock.
Keyword monitor from UptimeRobot is searching for a specific keyword in the HTML source of the website. This is an important part, but we’ll show you how to set it up correctly and get that product you want so much!
How to set up a keyword monitor for in-stock alerts?
As mentioned above, the first and most important task is to choose the keyword you’ll be monitoring on the website. It could be a simple phrase like “out of stock”. Using this phrase, you can set your monitor to alert you when these keywords are not present on the website – meaning the item is back in stock.
How to choose the keyword from the HTML source?
1. Open the product page. In our example, we’ll be monitoring the availability of PlayStation 5 directly on their official website.
2. Right-click on the page and choose the option “View page source”.
3. Now you’re looking at the HTML source code of the website. You don’t have to be a developer to set up UptimeRobot stock monitoring.
You can also use the search function by pressing the CTRL (Command) + F at the same time. The keyword you’ll be entering in the monitor soon is case insensitive.You can set it up in a few minutes using our new mobile app, or simply set up “back in stock” notifications from your account at UptimeRobot.com.
1. Just log in and click on the big green “Add New Monitor” button in the upper left corner.
2. Choose the “Keyword” type and enter the URL and keyword.
3. In our example, where we want to receive alerts when the PlayStation is available (out of stock keyword is removed), we choose the “Alert when > Keyword Not Exists” option.
4. With a Free plan, you’ll be checking the availability every 5 minutes. If you’d like to increase your chances to get the product you want, you can set up 1-minute monitoring intervals using the PRO plan.
5. Make sure you have attached alert contacts to notify on the right side.
6. Click on “Create Monitor” and that’s it! You’ll be notified when the item inventory “Out of Stock” status changes.
1. After you open the app, tap the “+” in the upper right corner.
2. Choose the “Keyword” type and enter all details like the item URL, a name to easily identify your monitor and the keyword “out of stock”.
3. Keep the settings on “Keyword should – be present” and set your intervals.
4. Click on “Create monitor” and that’s it!
You can receive notifications using one of the integrations available in any plan. It’s easy to miss an email though. To increase your chances of getting the item you want we recommend setting up SMS or Call alerts. These can be purchased separately and be used for the Free plan too.
There are two ways to buy them. Also, make sure to create and attach the alert contact to your monitors (steps included).
Using your account at UptimeRobot.com
1. Log in to your account at UptimeRobot.com.
2. Under “Account profile” click on the “Want to add more?” button.
3. Choose the number of SMS/Call credits you wish to buy.Note: 1 notification = 1 SMS (or voice-call). SMS will be sent for every status change once, if not set differently.
4. Choose the payment method (Credit card or PayPal).
5.Enter all details and finish the payment process.
Creating and attaching the alert contact
1. When logged in to your account, click on the green “Add Alert Contact” button found under “My Settings” – “Alert contacts”.
2. Choose the “Pro SMS” or “Voice Call” type.
3. Enter all details including the correct format of your number without the +XX prefix as that’s already included when choosing the country.
4. You’ll receive an activation code via SMS or a call depending on the chosen type. Click on the “padlock” icon next to the alert contact and enter the code.
5. To attach the alert contact to your monitor so you can actually receive the alerts, click on the “cogwheel” button next to your monitor.
Using UptimeRobot mobile app
1. Open the app and click on the “hamburger” menu in the upper left corner.
4. Finish the payment easily depending on the OS you’re using (iOS or Android).
Creating and attaching the alert contact
1. Visit the “Alerts & Contacts” page again and tap on “Alert contacts”.
2. Tap on the “+” icon in the upper right corner and enter all details.
3. After you click on the “Create contact” button you’ll see the option to enter the activation code you’ll receive immediately.
Even though thousands of users were already able to use our keyword monitoring to get a hard-to-get item like PS5 or the latest 3090 GTX graphic card, we noticed some websites are preventing our requests.
If your monitor results in a “Connection Timeout” status and stays that way, it’s possible our IPs are blocked somewhere on the way.
Some websites have some kind of ReCaptcha prevention that our bot can’t get around. You can try and play with longer monitoring intervals, in this case, it might help. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do on our end to fix this.
Feel free to contact our support team if you’re not sure about the settings or have any questions!