Configuring Cloudflare for Status Pages (with Custom-Domains)
Cloudflare is an impressive service/platform for securing and speeding-up websites.
If you use Cloudflare and have a “status page with a custom-domain” in Uptime Robot, “there may be a small configuration needed” to make sure things work smooth.
Who needs the custom configuration?
If the 3 items below match your case, then the custom config is needed:
- Use Cloudflare as your domain’s DNS provider
- Have a status page with custom domain in Uptime Robot
- Have the “Crypto” setting as “Flexible” in Cloudflare
How to make the custom config?
That is so easy:
- Login to your Cloudflare account
- Click the domain of your status page
- Click “Page Rules>Create Page Rule”
- Enter *MyStatusPageCustomDomain* (like *status.mydomain.com*) into “If the URL matches” field
- Click “Add Setting>SSL>Full”
- Click “Save and Deploy”
- That’s it.
And, here is a screenshot of the setting:
Wanna check the previous (← Custom HTTP Statuses (A New Feature for the Pro Plan)) and next (→ Introducing “SSL Monitoring”) posts?